Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Worry is like a rocking chair...

... it will give you something to do, but will never get you anywhere. 

I am currently in an awesome Bible Study group. We are studying the book "Calm My Anxious Heart" by Linda Dillow. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who struggles to live a life of contentment, void of worry and anxiety. Included in the book is a quote by George MacDonald that really impacted me, so I thought I would share:

It has been well said that no man ever sank under the burden of a day. It's when tomorrow's burden is added to the burden of today that the weight is more than a man can bear. Never load yourselves so, my friends. If you find yourselves so loaded, at least remember this: it is your own doing, not God's. He begs you to leave the future to Him and to mind the present.

No comments: