Tuesday, November 17, 2009

To all you Iron Chefs out there...


... this post is not for you.

But if any of you are like me, and are always looking for easy, tasty, and inexpensive meals for the family, read on.

Remember when I told you about the awesome cookbook Five Ingredients or Less? This recipe is another favorite from the book that has become a hit in the Zuidema household. Even Jackson likes it, and he is one tough critic!

Chicken and Biscuit Bake
12 oz tube of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (not jumbo)
12.5 oz can of chicken
1/2 cup of milk
10 3/4 oz can of cream of chicken soup
4 slices of American cheese
(I got all of my ingredients at Aldi. The ounces didn't match up exactly, but it turned out fine)

Arrange biscuits in a greased 9X9 baking pan, set aside. Mix, chicken, milk, and soup together and pour over biscuits. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Place cheese slices on top and return to oven until cheese melts.

Wha La! It's as easy as that.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had this for dinner at Dad and Mom's house last night :)
Julie

Anonymous said...

Um, I am slightly scared. I made this for dinner last night as well. Too funny. :)