Thursday, December 10, 2009

Snow Day!

The weather outside is frightful, but we have enjoyed a delightful morning in the Zuidema home. This morning Jackson and I made some more of our favorite holiday treats - chocolate covered pretzels. This batch is for some people at church - children's choir director, Promiseland teachers, nursery coordinators.... you get the idea. I dip the pretzels in the chocolate and Jackson does the sprinkles.


Jackson seemed to dump the sprinkles on certain pretzels, and when I questioned him about it, he informed me that those pretzels needed a little more love. Can't argue with that!

(Oh, and I know it looks like the pretzels are directly on my counter, but I did use wax paper!)


Jackson and I also enjoyed a few rounds of RACKO. Jackson is a Racko whiz... he almost always wins. I bought this game at a garage sale for 50 cents. It was money well spent.


So what was Haley doing while all this was going on? Lining up her blocks over and over of course!


Now it is nap/quiet time. I have some cleaning to do. Later this afternoon I think I'll put a movie in for the kids, and plop down on the couch with my book. And I won't feel guilty about it. Moms need snow days too!

No comments: