Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Daddy Dave




Let me tell you about Dave as a dad. He really is the kind of dad all kids deserve to have, and the kids adore him. He is very involved... playing games with Jackson and Haley, tickling them, tucking them into bed at night. He plays Wii with Jackson and doctor with Haley. He provides for them and prays with them and for them. He listens to The Wiggles CD in his car (which could drive any adult crazy) and watches Boz, Care Bears and Max and Ruby. He makes Mickey Mouse pancakes and hides special treats in Jackson's lunch box. He is strict when he needs to be and merciful when the time is right. He takes the kids to run errands while I enjoy a quiet house to myself. He makes snowmen with them, washes cars with them, compliments them, talks with them. He makes sure that Jackson and Haley know that no matter what, their daddy is always going to love them!

Dave, I know I don't say it enough, but I'm so glad that the kids that call me mom are the same ones that call you dad. I'd say we make a pretty good parenting team. You are officially "World's Best Dad." Do you want me to buy you a shirt that says that? :)

No comments: