Thursday, September 2, 2010

Time to fly...



My sweet Jackson starts kindergarten in 5 days.

Gulp. I get a lump in my throat just thinking about it.
His little legs are going to climb up those big bus steps.
He is going to make new friends and learn new things.
Most days, he is going to spend more waking hours away from me than he does with me.

And he is going to love it! And I am going to be happy for him... after I shed a few tears.

I always knew this day would come, but I can't say that I feel ready for it.

But Jackson's ready, and that's what matters.

I've spent five years giving him roots. Now it's time to give him wings.

(Don't expect to see that many pictures of me again for a VERY long time. Man, I didn't realize my hair color has changed so much over the years!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can thank me for the Hair Color!

Ju

Steve and Allison Alles said...

He will love school! He has grown up so much!

Anonymous said...

Jackson,
We are so proud of you! You're so precious to us.
Love you tons, A. Sara