Sunday, March 15, 2009

Service Opportunity

Our church is holding a huge indoor garage sale on Saturday, April 18. Me and a couple of my friends from church are in charge of collecting and pricing gently used kids clothes, accessories, and equipment. If you have anything you would like to donate, please let me know. 

All of the proceeds from the sale will benefit Kids Hope USA, a mentoring program that pairs one adult with one high-risk child for one hour each week. Specifically, the proceeds will be used to buy food for the children involved in Kids Hope from low income families in Jenison. The food will be put in backpacks for the kids to take home on Fridays, so they have enough to eat over the weekend.

I know times are tough for everyone, but I can't imagine not having enough money to buy food for my kids. Hopefully, the sale will be a success! Let me know if you can help.

No comments: